Coronavirus Health and Hygiene Protocol
UPDATED: May 1st, 2020
Lee Kay Public Shooting Range: CLOSED
While we have been able to start scheduling our concealed carry classes, the Lee Kay Public Shooting Range is still closed due to the COVID-19 situation and damage which needs to be repaired from the earthquakes. They are expected to reopen at the end of May or beginning of June.
We will not be able to schedule any of our other training courses until they reopen or we find a safe and suitable location.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation, safety is our first priority which includes the health of our employees, instructors, students, and everyone they interact with. We have established guidelines and recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Salt Lake City Guidelines, and State Guidelines for our concealed carry classes which limit interactions to groups of no more than 20 people.
To Keep Everyone Safe:
- Face Masks: Not required, but highly recommended.
Our instructors are providing verbal information that students must be able to hear and understand, they will not be able to wear a mask. This is to ensure their words are clear, not muffled by something covering their mouths.
~ Class locations may have additional requirements and/or restrictions. Please read the class description for additional information.
- Personal Hygiene: Please wash your hands (and face when possible) before coming into the classroom by using soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds. Wash your hands at every opportunity, especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Personal Space: Put distance (about 6 feet) between yourself and other people when sitting in the classroom.
- Frequently Touched Surfaces: We will ensure areas in the classroom such as doorknobs, light switches, pens, etc. are cleaned and disinfected before each class. Due to sanitizing, there may be odors caused by the chemicals. We will try to air out the areas as best as we can to reduce these effects.
- Fingerprinting: This service includes being in close proximity to our fingerprint technician and touching of hands to obtain appropriate fingerprints. We will ensure the fingerprint scanner and technician's gloves are changed or disinfected between each person being fingerprinted.
Hand sanitizer or similar disinfectant gels/wipes will be available for you to use.
What Is The Corona Virus (COVID-19)?
COVID-19 is a droplet-borne virus spread mainly from person-to-person who are in close contact with one another through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes. These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.
- Shortness of breath
How To Reduce Becoming Infected Or Spreading The Virus:
- Avoid contact with people who are sick and if you have any of the above symptoms, seek medical care, stay home, and Do not attend any of our classes.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid shaking hands, hugging, or being within 6 feet of another person.
- Always cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue, facing away from other people.
COVID-19 can survive on surfaces for up to 9 days. Hygiene extends to everything you may touch.
If you have purchased a ticket to attend any of our courses and cannot or would prefer not to attend due to personal concerns you have the option to reschedule to another date or receive a refund as outlined in our Training Policies.
This protocol will remain in effect until we feel it is safe and no longer needed. If you have any questions, please contact us.
Thank you, and stay safe.