Advanced Concealed Carry
October 5 from 8:00 am to 12:00 pm$100
We Recommend Attending Our Concealed Carry Class, But Students Are NOT Required To Have A Concealed Firearm Permit To Attend This Course
Responsible gun owners are continuously learning, both mentally and physically as well as constantly training. There are a lot of important aspects of carrying a firearm that rarely gets addressed and is not taught in basic firearm safety or concealed carry classes. Without the knowledge and training to respond to a critical self-defense situation, the delay in decision making can mean the difference between life and death. Defensive shooting is very different from target shooting. This course will give students the knowledge and skills needed to protect themselves from an attack.
• All students must be at least 18 years old to attend this course
• Sturdy Belt
• Semi-Automatic Handgun
• Good Quality Holster (see FAQ's below)
• At Least Three (3) Handgun Magazines
• Magazine Holder
• At Least 200 Rounds - Factory New Ammunition
Absolutely No Reloaded Or Specialty Ammunition
• Eye & Ear Protection
• Proper Clothing (Hat, Collared Shirt, Jacket, etc.)
• Shoes/Boots (No Open Toed Shoes or Sandals)
We do not provide, sell or rent any firearms or ammunition
If you do not have these items you will not be able to attend this course
• Cleaning Kit
• First Aid Kit
• Water/Hydration system
• Sun Screen/Insect repellent
IMPORTANT INFORMATION & SAFETY WARNING
• Handguns MUST BE UNLOADED in a holster, case or range bag BEFORE entering the building.
• All firearms will be verified unloaded by the instructor(s) prior to students entering the classroom.
• NO ammunition will be allowed in the classroom. NO EXCEPTIONS
Please leave ALL ammunition in your vehicle
• All students must sign a Waiver and Release of Liability prior to live fire training, which will be completed in the classroom.
Students are expressly prohibited from being under the influence of alcohol or any other controlled substance which may affect judgment or coordination while attending this course.
SEE HOLSTER RESTRICTIONS IN FAQ'S BELOW
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
• Bring snacks and drinks, if you like
• Arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the start time of the class
• If you do not have ALL of the required items, you will not be allowed to participate in this course
• Firearm Safety
• Concealment vs. Cover
• Emergency & Tactical Reloads
• Clearing Stoppages & Malfunctions
• Holsters & Clothing
• Mindset & Verbal Skills
• Safe Draw & Presentation to a Target
• Effectively Stopping an Attacker
• How Close Is Too Close
• What Happens After a Defensive Shooting
• Criminal & Civil Legal Protection
• Practice & Live Fire Training
No problem, you can still attend this course! You MUST have and use an outside the waistband (OWB) holster.
It is illegal to carry a concealed firearm if you do not have a concealed firearm permit. Therefore, even though it is a training course, we cannot allow anyone to break the law and have the firearm concealed unless you have a concealed firearm permit. Come to one of our Concealed Carry Classes.
Question: Who makes AWESOME holsters?
Answer: Lytton Custom Holsters
For safety reasons, students must use a Strong Side Holster only!
The following holsters and carry styles are NOT permitted:
• Fabric holsters that can collapse when the firearm has been drawn
• Cross draw holster
• Shoulder holster
• Pocket holster
• Ankle holster
• Blackhawk Serpa and similar holsters which require the use of the index finger to deactivate a retention device (see more about this type of holster under "What is a SERPA Holster?"
A SERPA holster has a retention device that locks the handgun's trigger guard into the holster. The handgun is drawn by pressing a button with the index or "trigger" finger. Putting pressure on the button and then quickly drawing the handgun meant there was a possibility that your finger could slip into the trigger guard, negligently press the trigger and there have been incidents where an individual has shot themselves in the leg while drawing.
The Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) conducted a study and has banned SERPA holsters on all their ranges stating, "Holsters that possess a single tension release mechanism that is located proximal the trigger guard area of the firearm are problematic and pose a safety hazard."
See the study here.
Safety is our number one concern. For this reason, we do not allow these holsters in our training courses.
Read Our Course Policies Before Making A Purchase