Registration For This Course Ends On August 15th
- This event has passed.
Armed Security Officer Firearm Qualification
August 18 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm$65.00
This Is A 4 Hour | Firearm Continuing Education Course
8:00 am to 9:30 am: Lecture
- Armed Security Officers
- Continuing Education Requirements
- Firearm & Ammunition Safety
- Cleaning & Maintainance
9:30 am to 12:00 pm: Range
- Live Fire Range Qualification Test
Armed Private Security Officers Are Required To Qualify With Their Firearm Every Six (6) Months
The 6-month reporting periods are:
- December 1st, 2022 to May 31st, 2023
- June 1st, 2023 to November 30th, 2023 Current Reporting Period
- December 1st, 2023 to May 31st, 2024
- June 1st, 2024 to November 30th, 2024
Failure to complete the required 4-hour firearm continuing education within each 6-month reporting period must complete a 6-hour “Penalty Hours” course for the deficient reporting period. See additional continuing education requirements, explanations, and information here.
- A valid Utah Armed Private Security Officer License
- ALL the required equipment CLICK THIS LINK!
Bring ALL required items to this course
If You Do Not Have ALL Required Items You WILL Be Sent Home
- At least 150 rounds of factory-new ammunition – Absolutely No Reloaded Or Specialty Ammunition
We Have Ammunition In Stock – See Our Store
- Eye & ear protection
- Weather-appropriate clothing (Collared Shirt, Pants, Jacket, Wet/Cold-Weather Gear, Etc.)
- Shoes/boots (No Open Toed Shoes or Sandals)
- Attend and complete ALL required training
- Students are required to pass the live-fire qualification with at least an 80% to receive a certificate of completion
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED ITEMS:
- Water/Hydration System
- First Aid Kit
- Sun Screen/Insect Repellent
IMPORTANT INFORMATION & SAFETY WARNING
- Handguns MUST BE UNLOADED in a holster, case, or range bag BEFORE entering the building.
- All firearms will be verified unloaded by the instructor(s) prior to students entering the classroom.
- Ammunition is not allowed in the classroom. Leave ALL Ammunition In Your Vehicle
- All students must sign a Waiver and Release of Liability prior to live fire training, which will be completed in the classroom.
- Students are expressly prohibited from being under the influence of alcohol or any other controlled substance which may affect judgment or coordination while attending this course.