All Security Officer Licenses Expire On November 30th Of Every Even-Numbered Year
Security Officer Licenses Expire On November 30th
Of Every Even Numbered Year (2024)
To Better Assist You With Continuing Education
Which License Do You Have?
Additional Security Officer Training
Security Officer Magazines, Information & News
If you had a Utah unarmed or armed private security officer license:
- Which expired on November 30th, 2022, you are required to complete all applicable continuing education hours and renew your security license.
- Which expired on November 30th, 2020, you are required to complete all applicable initial security officer licensing training and apply as a new applicant.
Failure to complete ALL required continuing education before renewing an unarmed or armed private security officer license is a violation of Unlawful & Unprofessional Conduct, punishable as a Class A Misdemeanor.
58-1-501. Unlawful and unprofessional conduct.
(1) “Unlawful conduct” means conduct, by any person, that is defined as unlawful under this title and includes:
(e) obtaining a passing score on a licensure examination, applying for or obtaining a license, or otherwise dealing with the division or a licensing board through the use of fraud, forgery, or intentional deception, misrepresentation, misstatement, or omission;
(2) “Unprofessional conduct” means conduct, by a licensee or applicant, that is defined as unprofessional conduct under this title or under any rule adopted under this title and includes:
(h) practicing or attempting to practice an occupation or profession requiring licensure under this title by any form of action or communication which is false, misleading, deceptive, or fraudulent;
58-1-502. Unlawful and unprofessional conduct — Penalties.
(1) Unless otherwise specified in this title, a person who violates the unlawful conduct provisions defined in this title is guilty of a class A misdemeanor.
This means if you lie and claim you have completed the required continuing education but HAVE NOT completed it, renewing your security license anyway, thinking that you will complete it before November 30th, you CANNOT do this. IT IS ILLEGAL!!