Biometric Data Defined
As used in this Policy, “Biometric Data” means fingerprints, and “Biometric Information” means any demographic information also known as Personal Identifiable Information (PII), regardless of how it is captured, converted, stored, or shared, based on an individual’s biometric identifier used to identify an individual.
Disclosure and Authorization Procedures
Utah FAST will not disclose, redisclose, or disseminate any Biometric Data or PII to anyone other than the individual who provided the Biometric Data or PII, and to State or Federal agencies for the purpose of conducting a background check. PII may be released if;
- First obtaining written consent from the individual to disclosure, redisclosure, or dissemination;
- Disclosure is required by state or federal law or municipal ordinance;
- Disclosure is required by an FBI audit; or
- Disclosure is required pursuant to a valid warrant or subpoena issued by a court of competent jurisdiction.
Utah FAST securely retains Biometric Data and PII for the individual’s personal future use, also known as “Archiving” except as required by an order from a court of competent jurisdiction. Utah FAST shall retain the Biometric Data and PII until requested by the individual, who provided the Biometric Data and PII, requests the information be deleted in which case Utah FAST shall permanently destroy such data.
- All Biometric Data and PII collected for Direct Submission to the Utah Bureau of Criminal Identification (BCI) to conduct a Utah Background Check shall be deleted 30 days after such submission unless Archived.
- As required by Federal law all Biometric Data and PII collected for Direct Submission to the FBI to conduct a Background Check (Identity History Summary) shall be deleted 30 days after such submission unless Archived.
Utah FAST uses a very strict standard of care to store, transmit, and protect from disclosure any paper or electric Biometric Data and PII collected. Such storage, transmission, and protection from disclosure shall be performed in a manner that is the same as or more protective than the manner in which the Company stores, transmits, and protects from disclosure other confidential and sensitive information.
Any forms used to collect Biometric Data or PII is kept secure until it is destroyed within a reasonable amount of time or as required under Utah or Federal law.
NO BIOMETRIC DATA OR PERSONAL IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION (PII) IS STORED ON SERVERS, THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY OTHER ONLINE LOCATION