1. Know Your Document
It’s very important to know what document you have and what type of signatures are required before coming to your appointment. There are five general types of notary acts. Your document should tell you above the notary signature area what type of notary act it is.
- Acknowledgments: This is the most common form of notarization. Typically they are executed on deeds and other documents affecting real property that will be filed with a county recorder.
- Certified Copies: A notary certifies that a copy of an original document is a complete and true reproduction of the document that was copied.
- Oaths and Affirmations: A notary certifies that a person made a vow or affirmation in the presence of the notary on penalty of perjury.
- Jurats: If notarizing affidavits, dispositions, and other forms of written verification.
- Signature Witnessing: A document that must be signed in the presence of a notary.
2. VALID Government Issued Identification
In accordance with Utah law, valid identification must be provided when requesting a notary and must include a photograph, physical description, and a signature. Examples may include:
- Driver License From Any State Or Country
Utah Driving Privilege Cards Will Not Be Accepted
- Identification Card From Any State Or Country
- Passport From Any State Or Country, With Or Without Appropriate Immigration Document(s)
- Passport Card From Any State Or Country, With Or Without Appropriate Immigration Document(s)
- Permanent Resident Alien Card (I-551 – Green Card)
- Consulate Card From Any Country
- Military ID
- Uniformed Services Identification Card
- Department of Defense Common Access Card
- U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Card
- Other Military IDs (Military Dependent ID Card)
- Federal Government Personal Identity Verification Card (PIV)
Invalid Forms of Identification
- Birth Certificate
- Driver’s Privilege Card
- Marriage License
- Social Security Card
- Any other document which does not meet the criteria for valid identification as described above.
We accept all US credit/debit cards including Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, JCB, and UnionPay. Contact and Contactless EMV, Magnetic Stripe, and Manual Card Entry. NFC payment to pay using a phone or smartwatch such as Apple Pay®, Google Pay™, Samsung Pay, and digital wallets such as Venmo, Paypal, and Cash App.
Tax Is INCLUDED – NO Added Card Processing Fees
We Do Not Accept Personal Checks Or Money Orders