Please familiarize yourself with the preceding Training Policies, Safety & Risk Of Injury Policies, Late Arrivals & No Show Policies, and Cancellation & Refund Policies before registering for or making a payment for any course. Doing so implies that you fully understand and accept all Utah Firearm and Security Training, LLC policies and terms.
We completely understand that life can get hectic, and sometimes scheduling changes are unavoidable but we ask that you please;
• Ensure you can attend a course before registering and submitting any payments.
• Ensure you meet all requirements before arriving at a course.
• Ensure you have all the required equipment, when applicable, before arriving to a course.
We believe these policies are fair to you, other students, to us and our instructors.
Contract of Services
When a customer, hereafter referred to as the “Student”, has registered for and paid to attend a specific course it is considered to be a contract between the student and Utah Firearm and Security Training, LLC or the affiliate company and/or instructor, hereafter referred to as "we" or “Instructor”.
Within the policies stated herein, the instructor agrees to provide the student with the training that was contracted for but does not guarantee the training on the dates scheduled. While students may be required to pay a deposit for courses, we never intend to charge for a service that is not received.
If at any time there is evidence that an individual provided false information to register for any course, committed fraud or any other dishonesty will result in an immediate cancellation by the instructor. All cases of fraud will be reported to law enforcement.
We WILL NOT provide training to any individual who is defined as a restricted person under U.C.A. 76-10-503, 18 U.S.C. 922 and 27 CFR 478.32 who;
• Is a convicted felon that has not been annulled or pardoned
• Is currently under indictment in any court for a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year
• Is a fugitive from justice
• Is an illegal alien
• Is under a court order restraining them from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or child of the intimate partner
• Has been adjudicated as a mental defective or have been committed to any mental institution
• Has been discharged from the military under dishonorable conditions
• Has renounced their United States citizenship
• Has been convicted of domestic violence
• Uses or is addicted to any unlawful controlled substances
• Are under the influence of any substances that may hinder or impede their actions in handling a firearm safely
We CANNOT provide any assistance in training foreign persons due to The International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Costs | Deposits | Balances
• "Cost" refers to the total fee required to attend a certain course. Most courses require payment in full at the time of registration. Payments are only accepted at a course if stated in the registration options.
• “Deposit” refers to the fee paid to secure a seat in certain courses. We may require students to register and pay a deposit for specific courses in order to commit resources, course outlines, classroom locations, range reservations and other costs which are incurred with each scheduled course and instructors must be paid for their time no matter what.
• “Balance” refers to the amount of money still owed, after the deposit, and must be paid to complete the total cost of a course. If a student arrives at the course and cannot pay the balance, the student will not be allowed to attend the course and will not be eligible for a refund of their deposit.
Usually, course prices include the cost of the venue, course material, range fees, and targets.
Course fees DO NOT include the cost of eye and ear protection, ammunition, cleaning supplies, food, drinks or any other items. If you do not have the required items as stated in the course requirements you will not be able to attend the course. We do not provide, sell or rent any firearms, duty gear or ammunition.
Prices are based on instructors costs and other factors that may change depending on the venue, location, materials, etc. Each course has its unique requirements and fees which is why you may see the same course listed at different prices.
When you register for a course you may be required to provide a payment. Please note that making payments through this website does so without divulging your credit/debit card information to us. FOR SECURITY PURPOSES NO CREDIT CARD DATA IS STORED ON THIS SITE
Occasionally the instructor conducting the course may have the capability to accept credit/debit card payments in the classroom, please inquire before the course if the instructor will have this capability.
Valid only for the individual and course listed on the certificate and expires one year from the date issued.
Cannot be transferred to another person, not redeemable for cash, not eligible for refunds, no exchanges if lost or stolen and void if altered from the original condition in any way.
Students must contact us to save a seat in any course. We may not be able to allow walk-ins.
Students must provide the gift certificate upon arrival to the instructor at the beginning of the course. If the student does not provide the gift certificate, the student will be required to pay in full for the course or they will not be allowed to attend the course.
Are available for purchase and can be used to attend any course.
Valid for any course.
Must be used to pay for the course online. We may not be able to allow walk-ins.
Instructors work diligently to provide and maintain high-value services in order to provide each student with personal attention and support. In order to maintain a high standard of personal service and safety, we may adjust staffing levels in accordance with course enrollment.
A course may require a minimum number of students due to our costs of training material and to meet certain requirements. If the course does not have the minimum number of students these requirements may not be accomplished.
Courses may also have a maximum number of students for safety reasons. This means that we do not have space for everyone that may want to attend the scheduled course. The only way we can know that a course is full is when the specified number of students have registered and paid the required fees. Once a class is full, we have to turn away others that wanted to attend.
Course Tests and Passing Grades
Students must possess the correct attitude, knowledge, and skills necessary for the course they are attending. Some courses may have prerequisites that must have been completed or have in order to attend that specific course.
All courses are performance based. A student does not pay to automatically complete a course. A student pays to have the opportunity to complete the course. There is no guarantee that a student will receive a certificate or instructor signature, merely as a result of having paid for or attending any course.
Specific courses require students to pass a written test, live fire test or performance evaluation to complete the courses. If a student fails to pass any test, as required, they will not be permitted to receive any document showing completion of the course.
Students may, at the discretion of the instructor, and if time is available, have the opportunity to retake a test. Depending on the course, a processing fee of $50.00 may be required before an additional attempt to take a retest.
Commitment to Confidentiality
We are dedicated to bringing the highest quality of service to our students. We strongly believe in our ethical and legal obligation to protect our student's privacy. Our commitment and approach to student confidentiality distinguish us as a leader in firearm training and we fully anticipate to be held to those expectations. In fact, we commit to exceed them. We operate in full compliance and cooperation with all local, county, state and federal laws. We are not affiliated with any County, Local, State or Federal Law Enforcement Agency.
We promise that we will not sell, trade or give your personal information to anyone except as required by law or by your prior expressed written authorization.
Using this site, registering for and making any payment for any course implies that you fully understand and accept this policy and all terms outlined above. We reserve the right to make exceptions to this policy at our discretion for extreme circumstances.
Our Policies were last updated on February 20th, 2020