Last Updated on 01/01/2023
Utah FAST is your One-Stop Shop. We take pride that our company provides many different highly-rated services and training.
Our Training Philosophy Is Simple
We believe it is our duty to help educate gun owners to be responsible, knowledgeable, and skilled to excel in any shooting discipline including handguns, rifles, and shotguns. We offer a variety of exceptional training specifically designed for anyone looking to improve their abilities or gain confidence for both the public and private sectors, one-on-one training, groups, and individuals for every level, from individuals who have never handled a firearm and first-time shooters, recreational shooters, experienced shooter looking to refine specific skills, military, law enforcement, and everything in between. Our expert instructors work with you, at your pace, to help you achieve your goals. Don’t just believe us. Take a moment to read the reviews that our past students have written.
Utah FAST has a vested interest in our students and the most important training is the one you’re taking with us. We strive to provide all students with effective, relevant training for recreational shooting and defensive use. Our instructors are not basic NRA certified. Our training is taught by the most qualified instructors using their knowledge, techniques, and experiences from real-life situations.
We understand that training is both a time and monetary investment and appreciate your decision to invest in yourself. Thank you for allowing Utah FAST to be a part of your firearm training journey.
Remember… Training NEVER Ends
To provide our training classes, courses, and events we plan according to the expected size to commit resources, and instructors, and arrange classroom/range availability. This creates a substantial financial risk when we reserve a venue, pay fees, order materials, and incur other associated costs to prepare for the training. Since we are in the firearms training industry, we are limited in the number of students we can have on a firing line of the shooting range due to space limitations and also to ensure a safe environment. These commitments are not reduced when fewer participants unexpectedly attend.
This is why we require registration and prepayment for all training in order to guarantee a seat for all students. When a customer registers and a seat is reserved, then they change their mind and decide to cancel, or reschedule, Utah FAST, and the instructor loses money overall. Additionally, we may not have space for all individuals who want to attend the training and therefore must turn away potential customers who want to register. It causes strain when we are not able to get another participant to fill the open seat. Please be sure the training you sign up for works for your schedule and make the commitment to be there!
We completely understand that life can get hectic, and sometimes scheduling changes are unavoidable but we ask that you please ensure you meet all requirements, you can attend the training on the scheduled date, and you have all the required equipment (when applicable) before registering and submitting any payments or before you arrive at the training. We believe our training policies are fair to you, other students, our company, and instructors.
To maximize our training and respect our students, all training starts precisely on time and it is critical that participants do not miss any part of the training or disturb students ability to learn. Any individual who arrives late (Late Arrival) will not be allowed to join training already in progress. Regardless of the excuses. Your inability to properly plan is disrespectful to the instructor and students. “I’m only 5 minutes late. Traffic was busy.” is not a valid excuse, nor are any other excuses.
We strongly believe in our ethical and legal obligation to protect our customer’s privacy. Our commitment and approach to customer confidentiality distinguish us as a leader in firearm training and we fully anticipate being held to those expectations. In fact, we commit to exceeding them. We operate in full compliance and cooperation with all local, county, state, and federal laws. We are not affiliated with any Local, County, State, or Federal Law Enforcement Agency. We promise that we will not sell, trade, or give your personal information to anyone except as required by law or by your prior authorization.
We reserve the right to make any changes and/or exceptions to this policy at our discretion at any time so we highly recommend staying up to date and checking this page for any changes or updates before you attend any future training. Utah FAST reserves the right to make special accommodations under specific circumstances on a case-by-case basis. The date this training policy is effective is provided at the top of this page.
Anyone who registers for Utah FAST training is affirming (by registering) that they are:
- Legally able to own, possess, and operate a firearm safely and not a prohibited person under state or federal law as described below.
- Of sound mind, and free from mental illness or physical conditions that would prevent the safe operation of a firearm.
- Affirming that they recognize and accept the inherent risks of firearm training which includes serious bodily injury and death.
- Affirming that they intend to use the skills taught by Utah FAST in a legal, ethical, and honorable manner at all times.
- Is a convicted felon that has not been annulled or pardoned
- Is currently under indictment or information in any court for a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year
- Is a fugitive from justice
- Is an illegal alien
- Is under a court order restraining them from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or child of the intimate partner
- Has been adjudicated as a mental defective or have been committed to any mental institution
- Has been discharged from the military under dishonorable conditions
- Has renounced their United States citizenship
- Has been convicted of domestic violence
- Uses or is addicted to any unlawful controlled substances
- Are under the influence of any substances that may hinder or impede their actions in handling a firearm safely
We CANNOT provide any assistance in training foreign persons due to The International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Some training such as;
- Armed private security officer initial licensing requires proof of a current and valid unarmed private security officer license or a certificate of completion from an authorized instructor or website showing completion of approved unarmed private security officer training.
- Armed private security officer firearm qualifications require proof of current and valid or prior (expired) armed private security officer license.
Individuals must be able to provide proof of the license or certificate no later than the beginning of the training. If the individual cannot provide proof of licensing or a certificate they will not be allowed to attend the training.
CONTRACT OF SERVICES
When an individual has registered for and paid to attend a scheduled training it is considered to be a contract between the individual and Utah FAST, the affiliate company, or the instructor we designate to conduct the training. Within the policies stated herein, we agree to provide the individual with the training that was contracted for but Utah FAST does not guarantee the training on the dates and times scheduled. While individuals may be required to pay a deposit for training we never intend to charge for a service that is not provided.
If at any time there is evidence that an individual provided false information to register for any training, committed fraud or any other dishonesty will result in an immediate cancellation by the instructor. All cases of fraud will be reported to the appropriate law enforcement agency.
Before any training, instruction, or when live-fire will be conducted, all students must complete and sign a liability waiver, and media waiver (if applicable) which will be provided at the start of the training. Any individual who refuses to sign the liability waiver will not be allowed to continue with the training.
Due to liability concerns and legal requirements, individuals are required to meet certain age requirements to attend our training. If a specific training has an age restriction it will be provided in the training description. Any individual attending our training who is under the age of 18 is considered a minor and must be accompanied by a parent, legal guardian, or a responsible adult. Utah FAST is not responsible for minors while in any training and should it become necessary for the instructor to remove a minor from the training, a parent, legal guardian, or a responsible adult must be available. Minors also cannot legally sign our liability waiver, so a parent or legal guardian must sign our liability waiver.
Disabilities And Special Considerations
Please advise us of any and all disabilities or special considerations so we can provide you with the best service possible!
COSTS | DEPOSITS | BALANCES
- “Cost” refers to the total fee required to attend a certain training. Payment is required in full at the time of registration, we do not allow walk-ins. Payments are only accepted at the training if Utah FAST has given prior written authorization.
- “Deposit” refers to the fee paid to secure a seat in a certain training. We may require students to register and pay a deposit for specific training in order to commit resources, course outlines, classroom locations, range reservations, and other costs that are incurred with each scheduled training, and instructors must be paid for their time no matter what. Unless specifically stated a Deposit is nonrefundable.
- “Balance” refers to the amount of money still owed, after the deposit, and must be paid to complete the total cost of training. If an individual arrives at the training and has not paid the balance, the individual will not be allowed to attend the training.
Costs are based on the instructor’s costs and other factors that may change depending on the venue, location, materials, etc. Each training has its unique requirements and fees which is why you may see the same training listed at different prices. The cost listed on the training registration page at the time of registration is the amount you will pay regardless of any information found on this website or elsewhere unless notified by Utah FAST of an overcharge or undercharge. In the event of an overcharge or undercharge, Utah FAST will work to remedy this error before the training.
Training fees DO NOT include the cost of eye and ear protection, ammunition, cleaning supplies, food, drinks, or any other items. Individuals who do not have the required items as stated in the training requirements will not be able to attend the training. We do not provide or rent any firearms, duty gear, or ammunition.
Processing Fees and Background Check Fees
Training fees paid to Utah FAST do not include application fees, processing fees, or background check fees that may be required by government agencies before receiving certain licenses, permits, or certifications. Utah FAST training fees only cover the training and other associated services. Any additional fee required must be paid by the applicant directly to the appropriate Agency, Bureau, Division, etc. It is the applicant’s responsibility to make sure that any such fees are paid in the appropriate time frame so as to not delay or cause a denial of their application.
Gift Certificates are valid only for the individual and training listed on the certificate and they will expire one (1) year from the date issued.
Gift Certificates cannot be transferred to another person, are not redeemable for cash, are not eligible for refunds, have no exchanges if lost or stolen, and are void if altered from the original condition in any way.
- Individuals must contact us to register for any training. We do not allow walk-ins.
- Individuals must provide the gift certificate upon arrival to the instructor at the beginning of the training. If the individual does not provide the gift certificate, the individual will be required to pay in full for the training or they will not be allowed to attend the training.
Gift Cards are available for purchase and can be used to pay online to attend any training. We do not allow walk-ins.
Instructors work diligently to provide and maintain high-value services in order to provide each student with personal attention and support. In order to maintain an unparalleled and individualized experience and safety, we may adjust staffing levels in accordance with training registration.
Our training requires a minimum number of at least five (5) registrations to meet certain requirements. If the minimum number has not registered before the registration ends, these requirements will not be accomplished. Utah FAST reserves the right to cancel (with a refund), reschedule, or transfer any participant’s registration to a future training date. There may also be occasions when the instructor is not available to teach the training and a satisfactory substitute is not available requiring rescheduling of the training. In such cases, all affected individuals will receive e-mail and phone notifications.
Training may also have a maximum number of registrations for safety reasons. This means that we do not have space for everyone who may want to attend the scheduled training. The only way we can know that the training has met the required number of registrations or is full is when individuals have registered and paid the required fees. Once a class is full, we have to turn away others that want to attend.
Training Cancellation, Rescheduling, Transfers & Refund Policies
We try our best not to cancel any scheduled training, but on occasion, training is canceled. In the event of a cancelation due to an insufficient minimum number of registrations, inclement weather such as, but not limited to temperature, wind, rain, snow, etc., rapidly spreading virus, pandemic, natural disaster, unforeseen or uncontrollable circumstances, or any other reason if we feel the situation is or may be unsafe for our instructors or students. Training may be canceled on the day of the training due to an extreme personal emergency or dangerous conditions. Sometimes an issue will occur that may affect training expectations. A vendor, training location, or guest instructor may not be able to provide the services promised once booked and confirmed. This is very uncommon but may occur due to circumstances out of Utah FAST control. Examples include but are not limited to instructor flight cancelation, facility overbooking, range scheduling issues, pandemic, facility closures, etc. Utah FAST will work closely with these providers to find alternative services for the training but in any circumstance, Utah FAST may, at its discretion, cancel any scheduled training at any time for any reason.
Customers who are directly impacted by a cancelation will be contacted and notified as soon as possible based on information provided during the registration process and may be made by phone, text, and/or email. We will try to reschedule individuals for other future training based on availability. These students will be given first priority in scheduling and access to future training when possible, and we will make every effort possible to accommodate those affected.
Utah FAST is not responsible if an individual does not receive a call, voicemail, text, or email due to not answering their phone, low/no volume, checking text messages, voicemails, or emails due to any type of spam filter, or any other phone, computer problem or other electronic device malfunction on the part of the student or if accurate information was not provided during registration for the training including but not limited to name, address, phone numbers and/or email address.
If the training has not been formally canceled by Utah FAST or the instructor, individuals who do not attend the scheduled training will be considered a “no-show”.
RESCHEDULING / TRANSFERS
We completely understand that life can get hectic, and sometimes scheduling changes are unavoidable but we ask that you please ensure you meet all requirements, you can attend the training on the scheduled date, and you have all the required equipment (when applicable) before registering and submitting any payments or before you arrive at the training. If an unforeseen situation arises and a customer cannot attend the scheduled training, due to any reason including but not limited to illness, injury, child care, personal emergency, etc., there are two options available.
- Reschedule the training for a future date.
- Transfer the registration to another individual, if the customer cannot attend the scheduled training date, and cannot reschedule to a future training date.
To reschedule training the customer must submit the written request by email and it must include the customer’s full name, order number, phone number, and email address as this may be different if another individual purchased the registration, and must include the date of an identical scheduled training the customer wants to reschedule the registration to.
- A rescheduling request must be made at least four (4) days or more before the scheduled training date.
- Rescheduling must be for the same training and within six (6) months from the order purchase date.
- Training can be rescheduled no more than one (1) time.
- Training that costs up to $99.99 requires a rescheduling fee of $25.00.
- Training that costs over $100.00 requires a rescheduling fee of 30% of the training cost.
- If a rescheduling request is made less than four (4) days before the scheduled training date an additional $10.00 fee will be required on top of the fee described above.
- No more than one (1) request to reschedule the training is permitted. A second attempt to reschedule will be denied and the customer will be required to re-register and pay the full training costs.
- Rescheduling is subject to the availability for the requested training date, and Utah FAST may grant or deny your request based on the availability.
To transfer registration for training to another individual, the customer must submit the written request by email and it must include the customer’s full name, order number, phone number, and email address as this may be different if another individual purchased the registration, and must include the full name, e-mail address, and phone number of the individual the registration is being transferred to, and the date of an identical scheduled training the registration is being requested to be transferred to.
- Transfers must be made at least one (1) week or more before the scheduled training date.
- Transfers do not require any additional fees but must be for the same training and within six (6) months from the order purchase date.
- The other individual must meet all training prerequisites, and requirements, and is otherwise qualified to attend the training.
- No more than one (1) request to transfer a registration is permitted. A second attempt to transfer the registration will be denied.
- Transfers are subject to the availability for the requested training date, and Utah FAST may grant or deny your request based on the availability.
- If Utah FAST Or Instructor Cancels Training At Any Time
Customers will receive a 100% refund of any Deposit (if applicable) and 100% of training costs
Training Registration Costs Are Non Refundable!
Refunds are generally denied except for special or extraordinary circumstances and are reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Utah FAST reserves the right to refuse refunds or in special cases authorize a full or partial refund. Utah FAST reserves the right to have the final determination if a refund will be issued or not. If Utah FAST determines that a refund is authorized it will be issued the same way the original payment was received. It may take up to 5 business days to process a refund through our payment processing company. Once the refund is initiated, processed, and sent to the purchaser’s issuing bank, it may take additional time depending on the purchaser’s bank’s processing speeds for the refund to be posted to the purchaser’s account. Eligible refunds will be returned to the original card used to make the purchase. If the training was paid in cash or if we are somehow unable to process a card refund we offer a refund by the following options; PayPal (an online payment and money transfer system), Venmo (a money transfer system, and service of PayPal, Inc.), or a Money Order that will be mailed to the original purchaser to the billing address, or shipping address if different, that was provided during registration. If this is necessary, we will contact the purchaser or individual registered prior to issuing a Money Order.
Refunds Will Not Be Issued If:
- An individual purchased the training on any other website or affiliate such as, but not limited to, Groupon. You must contact the provider for a refund subject to their policies.
- An individual changes their mind, purchases the wrong training, or is otherwise unable to attend.
- An individual cannot attend due to being sick, having an injury, personal emergency, etc.
- An individual fails to pay the Balance when required, prior to the scheduled training.
- An individual is considered a “late arrival” or “no-show” to the scheduled training.
- An individual fails to ensure they meet ALL requirements before arriving at a training.
- An individual fails to ensure they have ALL the required equipment or items needed to attend the training.
- A student fails to attend ALL required training dates.
- A student fails any examination required to complete the training.
- A student is removed or not allowed to continue any training due to safety concerns.
- Services have already been provided or when a student has already attended any training.
If a customer, changes their mind or circumstances arise and they cannot or no longer want to attend the scheduled training, is unable to transfer the registration to another eligible individual, registered for the wrong training, or an individual purchased the wrong training for another individual and including any other reason described above under “Refunds Will Not Be Issued” we offer the total amount paid for the training, minus any deposit and credit card processing fees, if applicable, towards a store credit to be used in our online store. Store Credit does not include any additional sales tax or shipping costs on purchases and remains valid for up to but not more than one (1) year from the original training purchase date.
TESTS AND PASSING GRADES
Students must possess the correct attitude, knowledge, and skills necessary for the training they are attending. Some training may have prerequisites that the student must meet or have completed in order to attend that specific training.
All training is performance-based. A student does not pay to automatically complete our training. A student pays to have the opportunity to complete the training. There is no guarantee that a student will receive a certificate, instructor signature, etc. as a result of having paid for or attended any training.
Specific training requires students to pass a written test, live-fire test, and/or performance evaluation. If a student fails to pass any test, as required, they will not be permitted to receive any document showing completion of the training. Students, at the discretion of the instructor, if time is available, may have the opportunity to retake a test, but only if the training allows a test retake.
Depending on the training a processing fee determined by the instructor may be required before an additional attempt to take a retest.
Some training ends with some sort of certification or certificate of completion. Leaving training early or failing to complete/pass required tests will preclude a student from receiving such certifications. These certifications may come in the form of an instructor’s signature on an application, an instructor’s stamp on an application, or a physical or digital certificate of certification depending on the training. Failure to complete or pass the training does not entitle a student to a refund. If a student attends and passes the training but does not receive their certification, by their fault or otherwise, Utah FAST will make reasonable accommodations to make sure the student receives said certification.
APPLICATION / DOCUMENT HOLDING
From time to time, upon request of a student, Utah FAST may hold an incomplete application and its associated documents while waiting for the student to email or otherwise provide the required information or documents to complete the application. Utah FAST will hold these applications and their associated documents for no more than 300 days from the date of the training.
- If the required information is received within 300 days after the training, Utah FAST will mail the complete application and associated documents to the appropriate government agency or processing authority in a timely manner.
- If the needed information is not received within the 300 days following the training, the application and its associated documents will be shredded.
- Utah FAST may hold an application if it needs to be submitted after a certain date (i.e. the student’s 18th or 21st birthday) until that date, but not longer than 300 days. In such situations, the application and its associated documents will be mailed to the appropriate government agency or processing authority on the specified date.
- Utah FAST is not responsible for applications beyond the point that they are submitted to the appropriate government agency or processing authority such as the Bureau of Criminal Identification (BCI), Division of Occupational and Professional Licensing (DOPL), or other processing authority.
- Utah FAST shall not be held responsible for documents lost in the mail by post office.
Utah FAST is not responsible for rejected application which include, but is not limited to, concealed firearm permit applications, unarmed and armed private security officer license applications, or any other applications, regardless of the reason for the rejection but we can provide information to help with an appeal process if applicable.
Safety & Risk Of Injury Policies
Safety is our top priority, especially while handling firearms, and even more so during live fire sessions. These policies exist for everyone’s safety. Compliance with all policies is mandatory and non-negotiable. Students are prohibited from being under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs, controlled substances, etc. which may affect, hinder, or impede an individual’s judgment, coordination, or ability to effectively and safely handle a firearm, defensive weapon, or item, etc. while attending any of our training. If, at any time, an instructor suspects an individual of being under the influence of a controlled substance or alcohol, fails to follow all safety rules, has a negligent discharge, points a firearm at another student or instructor whether unloaded or loaded, etc. will result in immediate dismissal from the training.
Firearms And Ammunition In The Classroom
- Students are not permitted to have any type of firearm or other weapon of any kind in the training classroom unless it is required and specified in the training description. If firearms are authorized in the classroom for the training, all students are required to bring the firearm unloaded, with no magazine inserted into the firearm, and in a case, holster, or another secured manner.
- We use dummy (fake) ammunition for all classroom training and demonstrations in loading and unloading, malfunctions and clearing techniques, etc. For the safety of all students and instructors, all live ammunition is strictly prohibited in all classroom training. Live ammunition is only allowed when training is held on or at shooting ranges. All ammunition must be left in its box or container until the instructor or range safety officer instructs the students to remove it.
ALL firearms will be checked and cleared of all ammunition by an instructor before the training begins. Students found violating this policy will result in immediate dismissal from the training. NO EXCEPTIONS.
During participation students may be exposed to outside vendors or bystanders at classroom locations, shooting ranges, training facilities, retail stores, etc. While we continually monitor the environment for compliance, we cannot control or be held accountable for the actions, opinions, statements, etc. of outside vendors, bystanders, or other organizations.
All students must sign a Waiver and Release of Liability prior to any live-fire training. Any student who refuses to sign any waivers will result in the instructor’s refusal to provide training and the student will not receive a refund.
REMOVAL FROM CLASS
Students are expected to maintain appropriate behavior that allows instructors and staff to perform their professional duties effectively and without disruption.
We reserve the right at any time to remove a student who;
- Is behaving in a belligerent manner
- Causes material or substantial disruption or damage
- Interferes with the rights of others
- Fails to follow all firearm safety rules or commits an unsafe act with a firearm, defensive device or item, etc.
- Fails to comply with any instructor’s instructions or otherwise presents a threat to the health and safety of our instructors, other students, employees, visitors, and/or any other person
- Violates any of our policies
- Exhibits behavior that negatively reflects the positive image of our company, instructors, gun owners, or any other person or business
Students who are removed from training will not be eligible to receive a refund.
RISK OF INJURY
- All students must understand that attending any of our training carries a significant risk of injury. Training involving firearms, impact devices, and defensive tools all carry an enhanced risk of injury which could include substantial bodily injury, serious bodily injury, or death.
- All students are required to sign a “Liability Waiver” prior to the beginning of any training in which students handle a firearm.
- Students attending our training who are under 18 years old must be accompanied by a legal guardian or designated responsible adult in charge of the youth group. We are not responsible for minors while in the training and should it become necessary for an instructor to remove a minor from the training, a parent, guardian, or designated adult must be available. Minors cannot legally sign our “Liability Waiver”, so a parent or guardian must have signed the document prior to the beginning of the training.
- Students who reasonably believe that they may be, allergic or acutely at risk of physical harm, due to any known or suspected medical condition should not attempt to take that training. Due to the inherent risk of injury, women who are pregnant should consult medical advice from their doctor before attending any of our training.
LIVE FIRE TRAINING
Firearm training ALWAYS poses a substantial risk of injury including substantial bodily injury, serious bodily injury, or death. Instructors are very strict about following all safety rules at all times.
ASP/BATON & HANDCUFF TRAINING
Students will be exposed to dynamic defensive activities that may bend, twist, or pin the body in ways that may result in bruising, temporary pain, and possible severe discomfort as a result of the dynamic nature of the training.
OC (PEPPER) SPRAY TRAINING
Students will be exposed to defensive spray devices that may result in temporary pain, difficulty breathing, and possible severe discomfort as a result of the dynamic nature of the training. Allergic reactions are rare but may occur.
Students will be exposed to defensive devices which fire probes that impact the skin and may result in temporary pain and possible severe discomfort as a result of the dynamic nature of the training.
Students will be exposed to situations in which firearms shoot plastic bb’s or Simmunition® that may result in bruising, welts, lacerations, temporary pain, and possible severe discomfort as a result of the dynamic nature of the training.